KNOW & TELL
What is KNOW & TELL?
KNOW & TELL is a program of the Granite State Children’s Alliance (GSCA), the Chapter Organization for the network of Child Advocacy Centers. Expert trainers provide interactive and dynamic workshops across NH on how to create a safe community where all adults understand their role as a mandated reporter of child abuse.
Every school in NH should be required to participate in the training. It was important to know that I can make a call to DCYF at anytime
Become KNOW & TELL Educated
In-Person or Online eCourse
KNOW & TELL® is an education program to educate all adults to KNOW the signs of abuse and TELL responsible authorities when a child needs help. This comprehensive program provides exceptional professional development opportunities to schools, youth serving organizations, camps, coaches, law enforcement, first responders and other members of the community who work with children.
To become fully KNOW & TELL® Educated, participants may complete the course via two presentation modes:
- Online eCourse
Both training modes focus on three key elements – Educate, Inform, and Protect. Participants will learn:
- about the mandated reporting responsibilities required by NH law,
- the legal definitions of neglect, physical, psychological, and sexual abuse
- the child abuse signs to look for,
- to recognize the barriers of reporting and how to overcome them,
- steps for when/how to make a report to the Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF),
- tips for making the reporting process easier,
- the role every NH adult has in the child protection system, and
- how NH Child Advocacy Centers (CAC), Multidisciplinary Teams (MDT), and other statewide stakeholders work together to protect children.